As many of you know, #famous (which debuts TOMORROW!) has a real-life forerunner: the #AlexFromTarget story.
The original overnight #famous photo
A quick recap if you don't remember that internet moment: Alex Lee was a normal 16-year-old kid working at Target who got his photo posted online. Within hours it went so ridiculously viral that he was the subject of Gawker and NYTimes stories, and asked onto Ellen.
He's still kinda a big deal on the internet. These days, he's tweeting @AlexLeeWorld.
I want to make sure he knows he's inspired a book. But I'll need your help.
Starting today, and through the end of launch day (February 14), I'm going to try to start a twitter wave big enough it will get Alex's attention. The twitter push will be tied to a tiered giveaway, where you can unlock new prizes the more the tweets grow!
All you have to do to enter is send a tweet with @jillygagnon, @alexleeworld, and #famousbook in it somewhere.
* More than 100 tweets with all three elements: Signed hardcover of #famous to one
* Alex likes any of the tweets (screengrabs, please): Another signed hardcover to ANOTHER tweeter
* Alex tweets about the book / RTs any of the tweets: I'll Skype into one winner's book club/school/location of choice
* More than 1000 tweets with all three elements: 4-book prize pack to one reader (#famous, Twisted Fate--Norah Olson, Saint Anything--Sarah Dessen, When the Moon was Ours--Anna-Marie McLemore)
* #famousbook becomes a twitter trend topic: It's a surprise, but it's gonna be GOOOOOOOD.
So log in to twitter, get your #famousbook tweet ready to launch (maybe pointing Alex to Amazon for a preorder will get his attention?) and let the giveaways BEGIN!